Health Connection provides access to reproductive health services for anyone that wants or needs this service. The available services include physical examinations; birth control methods (also known as contraceptive methods); pregnancy testing, education/counseling; screening for other health problems; as well as sexually transmitted infection testing. All services are confidential and voluntary. Educational opportunities are available to organizations, schools, and other groups, or individuals.
How does Health Connection help?
- Reproductive health care is available to low-income individuals who are not covered by insurance and/or may not be able to pay for services in the private medical sector.
- Clients will not be refused any services based on the inability to pay.
- Can serve as the entry point into the health care system.
- Family planning services aid individuals of child-bearing years to voluntarily limit or control the spacing of their children.
- Educational programs, presented to the community free of charge by appointment, are tailored for each group or individual.
- Reduce deaths from breast, cervical, and testicular cancer by providing screening services to detect these diseases.
- Services reduce unintended pregnancies and the transmission of sexually transmitted infections.
- Referrals are made to other medical and social service agencies as needed.
All men and women regardless of age, sex, marital status, religion, race, ethnicity, color, creed, handicap, childbearing history, or income can receive services at Health Connection. If your income is below 100% of the federal poverty guidelines, a grant will cover your services. If your income falls between 101% and 250% of the federal poverty guidelines, the fees for your services will be according to an approved sliding fee scale. If your income exceeds 250% of the federal poverty guidelines, the grant will not cover your services and your fees will be full fee.
How can I receive services?
Contact the Health Connection Clinic located in Daviess, Knox or Vigo County for an appointment. Late clinics are available by appointment.
Walk-ins are welcome.
I don't need assistance, but how can I help?
Contributions and Donations are greatly appreciated and can make a difference in your community.