Judith K. Bobe Scholarship
The JUDITH K. BOBE Scholarship is named in honor of our Community Action Program's Head Start Director who worked within the program over 40 years. Up to two (2) $500 scholarships will be awarded annually to assist students continuing their education beyond high school. This is a one-time cash award for individual winners going to college, beginning in the fall of the same year.
The applicant must have been enrolled in the Head Start Program in the Indiana Counties of Daviess, Greene, Knox, or Sullivan Counties.
Applications will be accepted from graduating high school seniors. The individual must be accepted into an accredited college or university, community college or recognized technical or trade school at the time the award is issued. Graduate students are not eligible. Applicants should have a minimum accumulated 2.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale at the end of the fall semester of the senior year.
Applications will be reviewed and winners selected by a Scholarship Committee appointed by the president of the Pace Community Action Agency Board.
The following materials are required:
- The application is to be completed by the student, parents/guardians, and school officials. Applications should be typed or printed in black ink.
- A paragraph (typed singled-spaced) describing the effect of the Head Start Program on your education.
- A typed essay no longer than two double-spaced pages must be submitted. The essay may be written on any of the following topics:
- Describe a childhood event that you feel has shaped you and explain why.
- How has your community influenced your development?
- Why do you want to further your education?
The names of the scholarship winners will be posted on the PACE website by the second Friday in May. Scholarship recipients will be notified by phone, mail, or e-mail and recognized through various media. The names and photographs of Scholarship Winners may be used by PACE for public relations purposes.
The completed application and required materials must be submitted to Pace Community Action, Inc. at 525 N. 4th Street, Vincennes, IN 47591. All materials must be received – not postmarked – by PACE no later than March 31, 2017. Winners will be posted the second Friday in May.